When Madelyn told us she liked shoes, we didn’t realize how serious she was. This Yorkdale Prom Ambassador has done your homework for you by scouring every shoe boutique in Yorkdale and picking her favourites for your consideration. From pairs that add a pop of colour to studded and slightly punky pumps, the fun combinations are endless! The only question that remains is: Which shoe is most you?
When we’re all getting ready for a special occasion, we usually just focus on the outfit and neglect the shoes (I’m guilty of this too: I once bought a pair of shoes twenty minutes before I needed to wear them for a school dance!), but it’s important that you pay attention to the type of shoe you’re getting because shoes can make or break an outfit. When people give you a once over, your shoes are often the first things they notice. Plus, if you find a cute and least painful pair, you’re less likely to toss them to the side once your feet start hurting—minimizing the chance of another person’s stiletto meeting your bare foot. OUCH!
1. Bratchett, Spring $60 2. Durling, Aldo, $100 3. Gallery at Sears, $79.99 4. Gitter, Aldo, $84.98
5. Excavate, Nine West, $130 6. Dorse, Valentino at David’s $745 7. Java, Badgley Mishka at The Bay, $350
These shoes are perfect if you’re looking for something more interesting than just the standard nude or black pumps, but don’t want to steer to far from the traditional.
A Pop of Colour
1. Kate & Mel at Town Shoes, $125 2. Dolce Vita at Town Shoes, $235 3. BCBGeneration at Town Shoes, $150
4. Cape Coral, Aldo $54.98-$90 5. Pendrak, Little Burgundy, $110 6. Craggier, Aldo, $155 7. Red Carpet Collection at Town Shoes, $135
If you’re wearing a plain, solid coloured dress, wearing a shoe in a contrasting colour will definitely add a little surprise element to your outfit.
1. Lorenzo Mari at Town Shoes, $165 2. David Dixon at Town Shoes, $175 3. Sam Edelman at Town Shoes, $150 4. Betsey Johnson at Town Shoes, $110 5. Hayth, Aldo, $89.98 6. Hamblet, Aldo,$100 7. Joyss, BCBG at The Bay 8. Jessica Simpson at Town Shoes, $125 9. Town at Town Shoes, $135
Prints can change the entire style of your prom look. With just a pair of shoes, your outfit could turn edgy or quirky, and you can even add some retro flair with some polka dots! But for those that want a little more edge and pizzazz…
Sparkle and Studs
1. Hot List, Nine West, $130 2. Enzo Angiolini, Town Shoes $225 3. Nava Platform Sandal, $198, Guess by Marciano 4. Sam Edelman at Town Shoes, $250 5. Mimosa, Browns, $59.98 6. Mackall, Aldo, $90 7. Scarlett, Sam Edelman at The Bay, $207.99 8. Charm by Kate Spade, David’s $350 9. Enola Platforms, Michael Michael Kors at Browns, $149.98
These shoes immediate add glamour and fun to any outfit.
Flats & Kitten Heels
1. Calvin Klein at Browns, $89.98 2. Brisky, Aldo, $50 3. Marc By Marc Jacobs at Browns, $243 4. Sam Edelman at Brown, $195 5. Rullo, Spring, $19.98 6. Dostie, Aldo, $34.98 7. David Dixon at Town Shoes $125 8. Vince Camuto at Town Shoes, $135 9. Franco Sarto at Town Shoes, $130
Even if you’re dead-set on wearing heels to prom, you might want to consider bringing a cute pair of flats with you so you won’t have to go barefoot. Plus, they may come in handy for after-prom. (Don’t want the inconvenience of hauling another pair of shoes to prom? Check out Dr. Scholl’s Fast Flats, available at the Shoppers Drug Mart in Yorkdale)
Alright young grasshopper, I hope I have imparted enough wisdom in order for you to be successful in your search for the perfect shoe. Happy shoe hunting!
Your shoe master,
Powered by Facebook Comments